Let’s face it. Weddings can be expensive, and there are so many details to plan! However, if your big day is around the holidays, you can utilize it to your benefit when it comes to winter wedding favors. These DIY Christmas wedding favors not only adorable, but the supplies come from the dollar store, too. Who knew such cuteness could cost so little?
Why make wedding ornament favors?
Giving your guests something as a thank you is important. Therefore, if you’re having a holiday wedding, you can surprise them with Christmas wedding favors. Doing so will remind them of your big day each year as they decorate.
Taking the time to craft something handmade is especially meaningful, which is why these wedding ornaments are a perfect choice! In a little bit of time, you can make several unique wedding favors for your guests to hang on their trees.
How to Make DIY Christmas Wedding Favors
Supplies for Wedding Ornaments
Makes 6 Christmas wedding favors
- Tumbling Tower game* – This comes with both light and dark colored blocks. For this project we used 6 dark, however, you could vary your tones and use both.
- Wood beads* – The beads come in a pack of 125, and we used 3 green and 3 red of the largest size bead.
- 6 eye hooks* – Snag these from a picture hanging kit.
- Paint – We used antique white acrylic paint.
- Paintbrush – A small one for detailing is perfect.
* purchased from the dollar store
Instructions for Christmas Decoration Wedding Favors
- In the top, center of each ornament screw an eye hook. You may need to start the hole by drilling a small hole first. You can also press the screw into the center to make a little mark, then press as you turn. Or you can turn the ornament onto the screw instead.
- Cut one 10-inch piece of twine for each ornament.
- Thread the twine through the eye hook. Pull the twine through until the eye is at the 5-inch halfway point.
- Thread both ends of the twine through a bead. Pull the bead through until it’s flush against the eye hook.
- Tie a knot in the twine so that the knot rests on top of the bead.
- Make another knot at the open end to make a loop.
- Trim off ends as close to the knot as you’d like.
- Use the paint and detailing brush to paint a word onto the front of your ornament. We chose the word JOY.
- Let dry.
Final Christmas Wedding Favors Ornaments
Aren’t they cute? If you don’t want to use them as winter wedding favors, you could make them as Christmas gifts. They would also make adorable gift bag ties.
There are so many options for these cute DIY Christmas wedding favors. It’s amazing what you can find at the dollar store to craft with!
Want to make Christmas decoration wedding favors? Pin it!