Whether you’re staying in because of a pandemic or simply don’t want to go out, make it special. Plan an activity you’ll both enjoy and dress for the occasion. From dinner date outfits to what to wear for a movie date at home, we have the perfect selection of stay at home date night outfits.
Our post contains affiliate links, and purchases help the blog grow. Thank you!
Why plan stay at home date night outfits?
Nowadays staying home is where it’s at. Between a pandemic and living a more laid-back lifestyle, many are planning a staying in date night outfit. Before you toss your hair in a messy bun and grab your PJs, think again!
Dressing up for date night at home is fun, and it makes you feel more confident. Break free from your leggings and joggers, and put together the perfect lockdown date night outfit.
10 Stay at Home Date Night Outfit Ideas
1. Pick a comfortable maxi dress as an at-home dinner date outfit.
Maxi dresses are lightweight and comfortable but still beat pajamas any day. Add a long necklace, and you have the perfect outfit for your next date night at home.
Our Top Picks for Maxi Dress Date Night Outfits
- Zattcas Women’s 3/4 Sleeve Floral Print Faux Wrap Long Maxi Dress
- AUSELILY Women Short Sleeve Loose Plain Casual Long Maxi Dress
- Milumia Women’s Button Up Split Floral Print Flowy Party Maxi Dress
2. Swap your leggings for jeggings as a movie date at home outfit.
While leggings might be ultra-comfy, jeggings give the appearance of jeans but with the comfort of leggings. If you’re wondering what to wear for a movie date at home, jeggings are perfect.
Our Top Picks for Movie Date at Home Outfits with Jeggings
3. Add a fun cami top to your staying in date night outfit.
Adding a nice blouse or a top that isn’t a graphic tee shirt can do wonders. It’s a way to dress up your stay at home date night outfits while still being comfortable.
Our Top Picks for Lockdown Date Night Outfit Tops
- Eytino Women V Neck Strappy Cami Tank Top
- SAMPEEL Women’s Split Tunic Tank Tops
- Aokosor Women’s Summer V Neck Floral Spaghetti Strap Tank
4. Wear accessories with your stay at home date night outfits.
Accessories can help you dress up even the most basic of outfits. Use a necklace, bracelet, or even a scarf to add some flare to your date night look.
Our Top Picks for Accessorizing Your Date Night Outfits
- KELITCH Long Tassel Necklace
- Wander Agio Women’s Warm Long Shawl
- Glimmerst Personalized Initial Bracelet
5. Choose a maxi skirt instead of jeans.
Perhaps it’s been a few days since you shaved your legs, or you don’t want to put on shorts. A maxi skirt is a much better lockdown date night outfit option than jeans.
Our Top Picks for Maxi Skirt Date Night Outfits
- Women’s Elastic Leopard Print Watercolor Maxi Skirt
- ebossy Women’s High Waist Flowy Pleated Chiffon Maxi Skirt
- SheIn Women’s Casual Slit Wrap Asymmetrical Elastic High Waist Maxi Draped Skirt
6. Swap your graphic tee for a plain tee on date night.
A graphic tee can be a great way to make a plain skirt or pair of pants a more complete look. However, for a simple at-home date night look, try to keep your top graphic free for a change. Even if you’re just watching a movie!
Our Top Picks for Tees as a Movie Date at Home Outfit
- Amazon Essentials Women’s Studio Relaxed-Fit Lightweight Crewneck T-Shirt
- MIHOLL Women’s Short Sleeve V-Neck Shirts Loose Casual Tee T-Shirt
- Amazon Essentials Women’s Studio Short-Sleeve Lightweight V-Neck T-Shirt
7. Put a warm sweater on top of date night outfits with jeans.
Do you stay cold-natured, even when you’re indoors? Sweaters will help keep you warm. Plus date night outfits should look a lot better than your regular hoodie or zip-up jacket.
Our Top Picks for Date Night Outfits with Jeans and Sweaters
- SAMPEEL Women’s Casual Solid Twist Knot Tunic
- MIHOLL Women’s Long Sleeve Tops Lace Casual Loose Blouse
- Minthunter Women’s Long Sleeve Color Block Cute Shirt
8. Choose sundresses as stay at home date night outfits.
Sundresses are perfect for at-home date nights. They’re slightly more dressy than jeans but still have the same level of comfort. Plus, they’re super cute, too.
Our Top Picks for Sundresses for Dressing up for Date Night at Home
- Allegra K Women’s Floral Boho Wrap Crossover V Neck Petal Sleeves Tie Belted Flowy Dress
- ZESICA Women’s Summer Wrap V Neck Bohemian Floral Print Ruffle Swing A-Line Beach Mini Dress
- VOTEPRETTY Women’s Summer Floral Sundress
9. T-shirt dresses make better date night outfits than t-shirts.
This might sound weird because, ultimately, they are both t-shirts. However, a dress will always look more elegant than a simple shirt. So swap out your favorite shirt for a shirt dress! You’ll still get the same comfort but your staying in date night outfit will look a bit nicer.
Our Top Picks for T-Shirt Dress Stay at Home Date Night Outfits
- Floerns Women’s Casual Short Sleeve Striped Bodycon T-Shirt Dress
- MOLERANI Women’s Casual Plain Simple T-Shirt Loose Dress
- BTFBM Women’s 2021 Casual Crew Neck Short Sleeve Bodycon T-Shirt Dress
10. Go all out for a dinner date outfit to wear while you stay in.
If you want to take your date night up a notch, consider dressing up in your fanciest little black dress. It’s not something you have to do on every date night! However, it can make a candlelight dinner a little more romantic.
Our Top Picks for Getting Dressy with It at Home
- Sarin Mathews Women’s Off The Shoulder Short Sleeve High Low Cocktail Skater Dress
- Romwe Women’s Sleeveless Zipper A-Line Party Mini Bodycon Dress
- Floerns Women’s V Back Inslace Layered Ruffle Hem Flutter Sleeve Dress
Love these date night outfit ideas? Save it!