Air plants are all the rage, and it’s no wonder. With the ease of care and our busier lifestyles, they are a great way to add some green while freshening up a home. Take a peek at these super cute, wire air plant holders.
This post contains affiliate links to Etsy and purchases through those links help our blog to grow. Thank you!
I love these wire air plant holders, and you can make them with things you may have around the house already!
- Wire – I love using copper wire because it’s flexible and easy to work with (available here).
- Air plants – I ordered mine off of Etsy here, and the seller was super sweet and answered all of my questions as an air plant newbie.
- Wire cutters
- Round surface (I used a screwdriver head.)
- Found items, such as rocks and wood
Aren’t they cute little plants? I also adore how they also have little flecks of red. If you’re wondering how to care for air plants, here are some tips!
- Keep them in a place away from heat and air vents, as these will potentially dry the little buggers out!
- Once a week, dip them in water for a few minutes and place them on a towel to air dry. Be gentle!
- They can also use a light spray or misting once every few days.
- Keep them away from cats, lol. True story – mine arrived, and I did the soaking and placed them on a towel only to find them strewn throughout my house when I got home! My kitties thought they were little toys. Not so!
Hopefully that answered any questions you may have about air plant care.
Now on to how to make the wire air plant holders.
First, choose your rock. I picked a small one. Estimate how much wire you will need to wrap around the rock and also determine how tall you want your holder. The length of the wire is totally up to your aesthetic, the rock and how tall you want your air plant holder to be.
Once you have cut your wire with wire cutters, wrap it around the stone tightly. You can cut off any excess you need to.
Next, take the other end of the wire, and wrap it around something round – a dowel, a marker or whatever is handy – to use as a guide to create a round loop for your air plant.
Here is what the final project looks like. The metal is very easy to bend, so you may have to play with it a bit once you set it up to get the air plant at the angle you would like.
Voila, you’re done with your wire air plant holder. So cute!
I just had to show mine off below. I actually made three of them with different rocks at varying heights to add interest. They look so adorable in a little grouping!
Craving more DIY? Take a peek at my other projects here. I adore doing things that are useful, quick, easy and budget-friendly!