Farmhouse decor is adorable and adds so much to a home. If you’re looking for wedding favors, these adorable tiny home ideas are perfect thank you gifts. These DIY mini houses are simple to make and easy for your guests to place into their home decor.
Affiliate links are within this post, and we may earn a small commission from any sales.
DIY Tiny Home Wedding Favors
These mini houses are so cute, and farmhouse decor goes with just about any style of interior design. Plus, it will be so meaningful for your guests to have a handmade wedding favor.
If you don’t want to make these for wedding favors, they would be adorable gifts for the holidays or any time of year. They’re simple to make. If you don’t feel comfortable cutting the houses out of wood, you can purchase DIY mini house forms instead.
DIY Decorative Tiny House Supply List
- Hand Saw
- Black Permanent Market
- White Paint (acrylic is best)
- Foam Paintbrush
- Pipe Cleaners
- Jute or Twine
- Baker’s Twine (red or another color)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- House Forms or 1×6 Pine Lumber Piece (at least 5″ long)
DIY Tiny House Instructions for Cutting the Wood
- Mark out the house shape with your ruler and pencil. Your rectangle should be 5″ tall and 3.5″ wide.
- On the top line, measure the halfway point (1.75″ from the edge) to serve as the peak of the roof.
- On each side, measure 1″ from the top and make a pencil mark to indicate the bottom of the roofline.
- Use the ruler to draw a straight line from the peak to the roof bottom.
- Once you have made your marks, use the hand saw to cut the roof out.
How to Make DIY Mini Houses
- Sand any rough edges.
- Outline the edges of the wood house with permanent marker.
- Paint the whole mini house cutout with white acrylic paint. Let dry between coats, and coat well enough to cover the permanent marker.
- After the paint dries, sand the tiny house edges until you can see the permanent marker. Don’t sand much after you see the marker as you want the black to show through a bit.
- To make the mini wreath, fold the pipe cleaner in half. Overlap the pipe cleaner and twist it to form a small circle. Cut a section of jute, and use it to completely cover the white. Trim off excess jute, and hot glue the ends to secure.
- Glue the wreath to the house to look like it’s on the front door.
- Make a small bow from the baker’s twine to fit the wreath. Hot glue the wreath onto the door and let dry.
Finished DIY Little Houses
Make our DIY Tiny Home!