Friends! Do I have a stunner of a wedding for you today!! I love everything about this historic Virginia plantation wedding – the colors, the water, the meaningful moments. I know you’ll love it, too!
Here are words from their photographer and their planner about this Virginia plantation wedding.
Thomas and Meghan’s love story began as an office romance and quickly transitioned into the head-over-heels kind of love. These two are not a flashy couple. They’re just genuine, good-hearted people. As every couple’s reception should, they intentionally made their wedding reflect them. Adorned in neutral tones with a pop of color in the flowers and just the right touches – a bourbon bar, corn hole, a large dance floor, and a panoramic river view – this wedding fully embodied southern charm.
As if by pure miracle, not one but TWO torrential thunderstorms held off until the very moment guests were invited into the beautiful reception tent. Interrupted only briefly by the most stunning rainbow and ending before the couple’s patriotic glow stick sendoff in honor of Memorial Day. In the end, the plantation setting allowed for jaw-dropping photos of their beautiful ceremony and reception, but it’s the details that really show their unique, personal touches. This southern couple made sure to remember the true purpose of their wedding – celebrating their love and marriage. When you remember what’s important, the rest falls into place as it’s meant to happen.
Here are a few of the things I adore about this Virginia plantation wedding.
- The setting is simply gorgeous! To have the classic look of stately trees and a stunning brick home PLUS the waterside?! What an amazing venue. So so pretty. I adore it!
- There are so many touches that include Thomas and Meghan’s Christian faith. From prayer, Bible reading and foot washing beforehand (be sure to check out their first look!) to a guestbook that includes marking a favorite verse – this couple’s faith is evident and woven throughout their entire wedding day. So sentimental!
- I love the colors of this wedding – the hues of fuschia and pink are stunning!
- Definitely keep an eye out for the fun details of this Virginia plantation wedding as there are a bunch that are gorgeous!
- Venue: Westover Plantation
- Planner: Elevated Events of Virginia
- Photographer: Rebekah Emily Photography
- Videographer: Alzuro Video Productions
- Bride’s Dress: Lulus Bridal
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Vera Wang from David’s Bridal
- Suits: Suit Supply
- Florals: Sassy Snap Dragon Florals
- Hair: Nikki Fiveash (friend of the family)
- Makeup: Studio FBJ
- Catering: Champagne Taste
- Cake: friend of the bride
- Desserts: Candy Valley Cake Co
- Favors: Chocolates by Kelly
- DJ: Bow Tied Weddings
- Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
- Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas
- Transportation: James River Transportation
Want more? Be sure to take a peek at this plantation wedding here!