Do you love the idea of a rustic bohemian wedding theme, but don’t want to fully commit to macrame and flower crowns? Well, you can have all of the boho elements you crave while still having a classic wedding as Rob and Lauren did. Best of all, Lauren’s boho wedding dress is reminiscent of the 1970s with its bell sleeves and lacy pattern. It’s a gorgeous example of the bohemian wedding dress style!
Purchases made through our links help support our site without costing you more. Thank you!
This wedding is full of ways to incorporate bohemian wedding ideas into a traditional wedding. The colors, the florals, the bridesmaids’ dresses, and the decor are all reminiscent of the era. The groom’s family estate was filled with secret gardens surrounding a home from the 1600s. It made a stunning backdrop for this gorgeous wedding.
An Updated Rustic Bohemian Wedding Theme
What a fabulous event! There are so many boho wedding ideas that aren’t overdone. Here are a few favorites!
- Garden flowers fit in well with the theme. The loosely arranged fresh-picked blooms are perfect in both deep and pastel colors.
- Navy is a fabulous modern neutral, and the groomsmen truly rock the look.
- Boho wedding hair is often worn down in loose curls, and the softness of Lauren’s hair is so perfect!
- Flowers can adorn your cake. The florals and gold leafing adds modernity with just the right touch of boho.
- The wooden backdrop and eclectic seating for the reception (also used as a photo booth!) add to the comfy, casual vibe that bohemian wedding ideas often incorporate.
And about that boho wedding dress…
Boho chic wedding dresses are all the rage, and many of them are based on actual styles from the 1970s. This boho wedding dress has lovely elements, and it’s really the bell sleeves that make it fit into the era. The lace gives it a bit more of a modern look. Yes, it is possible to find classy, modest boho wedding dresses. It’s gorgeous – let’s take a peek!
Did you catch the bourbon bottle?
It’s a southern tradition that in order to keep the rain away on a wedding day, a bride and groom must bury a bottle of bourbon upside down a month before the wedding. It looks like it worked for this couple! Such a fun tradition.
Boho Wedding Vendor Team
- Boho Wedding Photography – Coral Dove Photo
- Venue – Private Family Estate
- Video – Aaron May Photo
- Florals – Thurman & Fig
- Makeup – Grace Kettering
- Details – DIY
- Catering – Harvest Moon Catering
Hair – Victoria at Ash Salon
Love the palette? Save it!