Macrame DIY projects are so en vogue right now, and they are easier to make than you’d think. They’re beautiful and fun to construct out of macrame knots. From plant hangers to jewelry, here are 20 adorable macrame projects to try.
Why try macrame DIY projects?
From plant hangers to wall hangings, there are so many different things you can create with macrame. A macrame knot is extremely easy to learn how to do. Plus, you can find a way to use macrame to decorate every single space of your home and your life.
There are so many cute ways you can use macrame to transform your home. Consequently, these DIYs are just the beginning. You don’t have to be really crafty to get started with macrame, making it a great DIY for new crafters.
Here are 20 incredible how-to macrame projects that you can DIY. Update your new home together or enhance any space with your own two hands.
20 How-to Macrame Projects
Macrame Wall Hanging Ideas
1. Make a simple wall hanging using metal hoops as the base.
2. Use a stick as a base to make macrame projects for beginners, such as this wall hanging.
3. Turn colored yarn into adorable macrame leaves to hang any time of year.
4. Although it’s not a traditional macrame wall hanging, this gorgeous flower makes quite an artful statement.
Macrame Plant Hangers
5. Get the kids involved to make these simple, child-friendly macrame plant hangers.
6. Even if a macrame knot is basic, it can make for a useful, adorable hanger for plants.
7. If you need an excuse to empty a wine bottle, you can always use it to make a macrame vase.
8. When you’re short on hanging space, decorate your clay pot with macrame instead.
Wearable Macrame Ideas
9. Have a piece of sea glass from your honeymoon? Turn it into a necklace with one of the easiest macrame projects.
10. Make a statement by wearing gorgeous, handmade DIY macrame earrings in a leaf shape.
11. For a more colorful pair of earrings, construct tiny macrame rainbows to wear.
12. If you’re craving a new handbag, try your hand at macrame bag projects like this.
Practical Macrame DIY Projects
13. Skip out on the plastic bags, and take a macrame produce bag to the grocery store instead.
14. Use your creativity to construct a handmade camera strap.
15. Pep up any present with a simple macrame gift wrap technique.
16. Add interest to any tablescape with a DIY macrame table runner.
How-to Macrame Projects Just for Fun
17. Have kids in your life? Make tiny, macrame dolls in fun colors for them.
18. Give the birds a treat with a handmade hummingbird feeder.
19. Make macrame hanging lanterns to use for candles or terrariums.
20. Use colorful macrame cord to make a rainbow charm for your car, wall, or purse.
Save our macrame cord projects!