Looking for a way to add interest to your autumn wedding decor? Make these cute DIY pumpkin placecard holders. They’re super cute! They can also double as wedding favors so that your guests can pop a fall photo into them when they get home. Perfect!
How to Make DIY Pumpkin Placecard Holders
Supplies for Fall Wedding Favors
- Small faux pumpkin picks (approximately 4″ in size)
- Natural colored paper raffia
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Floral wire (we used gold)
- Ribbon (we used satin that was 1.5″ wide)
- Circular guide for wire (we used a paint bottle)
Instructions for Wedding Placecard Holders
- Create a braid out of raffia. The braid can either be one very long braid or made of several smaller braids. Taping the end to a tabletop makes braiding easier.
- Remove the pumpkin stems if applicable.
- Wrap the braided raffia around the pumpkin. Go in the direction of top to bottom, and glue the strands in place as you go. It’s normal for the strands to overlap, so that’s ok.
- Do NOT cover the whole left from the stem, as you’ll be using that later on for your pumpkin placecard holder.
- Form the wire for the card holder by using a circular item as a guide.
- Wrap the wire around the cap twice. Doing so will create a perfect circle to hold your name card. You can make the wire as short or long as you’d like.
- Once the pumpkin is covered and the glue is dry, glue the circular wire into the hole left by the stem.
- Cut a piece of ribbon, tie your ribbon into a bow, and glue it into place. Feel free to use it to help hide any glue or the base of the wire.
- Use placecards or a small piece of decorative paper, and write a wedding guest’s name on it.
- Then insert the name card and put it on your place setting. So cute!
Final DIY Pumpkin Placecard Holders
Save these cute fall wedding favors!