First, you may be wondering why a recipe for crunchy chickpeas is on a wedding blog. Fair question! These tasty treats can serve a variety of functions for your wedding and events as you’ll soon see. Our spicy roasted chickpeas are simple to make and oh so delicious.
6 Ways to Use Tasty Roasted Chickpeas
Ok, now to answer the pressing question. Vegetarian chickpeas recipes are fairly quick and easy, and you can make these crispy spiced chickpeas in quantity.
Also, chickpeas offer a lot of health benefits, such as providing the body with the necessary fiber and potassium. Here are a few ways you can use roasted chickpeas.
- Eat a crunchy snack while you are wedding planning. We all crave crispy treats. Therefore, instead of reaching for chips, go for spicy roasted chickpeas instead. You can keep the ingredients on hand and make them when you need a spicy treat.
- Tuck crispy spiced chickpeas into welcome bags. Chances are that out-of-town folks will arrive hungry. At the very least, family and friends will want a guilt-free snack. Our recipe for crunchy chickpeas can be made, placed into cute bags, and put into welcome baskets.
- Use our recipe as a topper for your wedding salad. Move over croutons, there’s a better crunch in town! Crunchy chickpeas are a great substitute with fewer carbs than traditional salad toppers. Roasted chickpeas for salad are becoming more and more popular.
- Replace bar snacks with vegan chickpeas recipes. Swap your peanuts and pretzels for a more unique snack. Even your caterer can use vegan roasted chickpeas recipes to replace more common bar snacks. Leave a few bowls at your open bar so that folks can snack in between drinks.
- Bag crunchy chickpeas up as edible wedding favors. If your guests would enjoy a treat to take home, chickpea recipes can help! Send your health-conscious attendees off with a bit of sustenance.
- Drizzle them on charcuterie boards. Pep up your charcuterie boards with a bit of crunch. Replace crackers or nuts with a crispy treat.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Recipes
Ingredients for Crunchy Chickpeas
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika (you can use other kinds of paprika, but it will impact the level of spiciness)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (optional for garnish)
Directions for Crispy Spiced Chickpeas
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your smoked paprika, oil, and salt.
- Add your chickpeas to the spiced oil, and stir to coat.
- Spread your chickpeas onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with more smoked paprika (optional depending on the spice level you want).
- Roast the chickpeas for 20-30 minutes while stirring the roasted chickpeas (or shaking the pan) every 10 minutes.
- Check to see if they are done. The crunchy chickpeas are done when they are golden and slightly dark. They will also be dry and crisp on the outside and still soft in the middle. Gauge doneness according to your own oven.
- When ready to serve, place the chickpeas in a bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the crunchy chickpeas to add flavor and garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Final Result of our Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Want to make crunchy chickpeas? Save it!