Why make a mocktail? There are lots of reasons! Maybe you’re looking for a tasty, zero-proof cocktail for your wedding reception. Or perhaps you are simply participating in dry January this year. No matter what, this easy pina colada mocktail is tasty and will send your tastebuds straight to the tropics!
History of the Pina Colada
The pina colada is a tropical drink that originated in Puerto Rico in the 1950s. It is made with white rum, pineapple juice, and coconut cream and is typically served frozen with a garnish of pineapple or a maraschino cherry.
It has become a beloved drink worldwide, and it has only increased in popularity over the years. If you need a drink to enjoy on a hot summer day or while on your honeymoon, this is the ideal choice.
The pina colada has been a staple of summertime drinks for decades, and it’s sure to make you feel like you’re in the Caribbean! Of course, our zero-proof recipe skips the rum but is still high in flavor. A virgin pina colada is just the ticket for refreshment on a hot day.
How to Make an Easy Pina Colada Mocktail
- Servings: 4 pina colada mocktails
- Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Zero-Proof Cocktail Ingredients
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup green tea kombucha
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
Easy Pina Colada Mocktail Instructions
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Mix until smooth.
- Taste and add more sugar and/or lime juice to taste if necessary.
- If you want to thicken the recipe, add a bit more coconut milk (this will weaken the flavor slightly).
- Fill four glasses with ice.
- Pour zero-proof pina colada mocktail evenly into each glass.
- Garnish with fresh coconut, pineapple chunks, or lime slices to finish it off.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Finished Pina Colada Mocktails
Save our zero-proof cocktail recipe!
This recipe is so simple, and there are plenty of reasons to make it. Whether you crave something tropical or are in need of a signature drink for your wedding, this pina colada recipe is perfect!