Whether you are planning a shower, wedding or get together, a cheese board adds an element of fun. They are super easy to put together, and they offer guests a little something to nibble on before or after a meal. We made mini DIY cheese board markers that are perfectly autumn themed, and oh so easy to jazz up your fall cheese board. Let’s dive in!
Supplies for our DIY Fall Cheese Board Markers.
- Mini gourds (either real or made of a material that can be penetrated – we used styrofoam ones)
- Small wooden boards
- Small wooden dowels
- Black chalkboard paint (or just black paint)
- Foam brush
- Hot glue gun and refills
- Chalk or silver paint pen
Instructions for our DIY Fall Cheese Board Markers:
- Paint your wooden board and dowel black. Be sure to get the sides and back of the board so that no black is showing anywhere.
- Once the pieces are dry, hot glue the dowels to the back of the boards.
- Once the hot glue sets, write your cheese names or cheese board elements on the cheese board markers.
- Firmly press the dowel into the gourd. If you are using real gourds, you may want to pre-punch a hole so that you do not break your dowel. Follow suit with each one of your markers.
- Put your cheese board together and enjoy!
Ideas to include on a cheese board besides our cheese board markers:
- Variety of cheeses in different textures – try hard, soft and spreadable cheeses for variety
- An assortment of crackers – water crackers, crisps and a mix of sweet and salty is good
- Fruit – try dried pineapple slices, apple slices, pear slices and other dried fruits such as cranberries and cherries
- Nuts – cashews, macadamia, almonds and others
- A sweet spreadable – jam (fig or strawberry) or honey makes the perfect drizzle or spread for those with a sweet tooth
Craving another fall DIY project? Check this out here.
Also be sure to check out our segment on Daytime Blue Ridge below!