Looking for a fun, homemade recipe to make for your next wedding shower or bridal brunch? These cute galaxy donuts are just the ticket! Our galaxy donuts recipe could even be the springboard for an ethereal event. Additionally, they’re tasty and easy to make, too!
Ideas for Using Galaxy Doughnuts
If you are hosting any sort of event, these cute galaxy donuts are perfect! For example, from a morning brunch to an after-dinner snack, this recipe is colorful and easy to make. Next, here are a few ideas on incorporating our galaxy doughnut treat into your big day.
- Have your baker make these donuts as a treat to give your guests during the cocktail hour. They can be made in miniature and serve as tiny, sweet appetizers.
- Donuts are fun to eat any time of day. However, bring out trays of these sweets towards the end of the reception. This will give folks something to eat as they drink and dance the night away.
- An out-of-this-world event doesn’t have to be tacky in the least! Use our galaxy donuts recipe to make sweets for a bridal brunch or wedding shower. Therefore, build off of the theme and have golden moons and sparkling accents to complete the look.
- Make a tray of these cute galaxy donuts to serve the morning of your wedding. Folks will be hungry and need snacks throughout the day. Imagine their delight when they see these adorable treats!
Cute Galaxy Donuts Recipe
Ingredients for Galaxy Doughnuts
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp instant dry yeast
- 3 tbsp margarine
- single egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp soy milk
- one cup plus 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
Ingredients for Galaxy Glaze for Donuts
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp soy (or other) milk
- your choice of food coloring colors
How to Make Galaxy Donuts
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add egg, soy milk, water, sugar, and softened margarine. Then stir until dough is kneadable. It’s ok if the dough sticks to your hands a bit.
- Use your palms to knead and push the dough for 5-10 minutes. As a result, the dough should get fluffy and smooth and no longer stick to your hands.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it into a bowl. Next, cover with a cloth and let it rest for 2 hours. As a result, the dough should double or triple in size in that time.
- On a floured board roll the dough out to be 1″ thick. Next, either shape donuts with a donut cutter or use a round cutter for the outside and a bottle cap to make the hole.
- Put the formed donuts aside, roll up the unused dough, and roll it out again to cut out more galaxy donuts.
- In a medium pan, use medium-high to heat 2″ of oil. Then fry the donuts until you like the brownness. 5-10 seconds per side should be sufficient.
- For a healthier version, cook the donuts in the oven instead. Next, heat the oven to 390° F. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
How do I make glaze for donuts?
- Mix powdered sugar with soy milk. Once mixed, add a few drops of your preferred color of food coloring. Additionally, you can use specialty colors or mix blue, red, and yellow to get a purplish hue.
- Stir the colors with a toothpick or knife in an irregular pattern. Do not over-combine the colors or you won’t have a galaxy look.
- Let the donuts cool, add glaze, and let dry.
- Enjoy these cute galaxy donuts once the glaze has set.
Look at these cute galaxy donuts!
Want to try this recipe? Save it!