Spooky season is here, and that means it’s time to add an element of fun to your events. These monster donuts are the perfect addition if you’re having a Halloween-themed wedding or shower. They’re easy to make, too!
When to Serve Halloween Donuts
There are many occasions where you can serve these cuties. Here are a few suggestions, but feel free to be creative and branch out on your own.
- Make them — or have your caterer make them — to serve instead of cake at your wedding.
- Use them as a wedding favor, and send your guests off with a treat.
- If you’re getting married around Halloween, use them for a spooky-themed shower.
- Serve them on your wedding day as you and your attendants are getting ready.
- Place them on a post-wedding day brunch buffet.
- Of course, you don’t have to use them at your wedding at all. You can host a fun costume party for an overnight bachelorette party and serve them the next morning.
- They can also be made for a quirky bridal shower.
How to Make Monster Donuts for a Halloween Wedding
Halloween Donuts Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients
- 100 grams of chocolate
- 2 tbsp milk
- 35 candy eyes
Instructions for Monster Donuts
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine your wet and dry mixes, and knead the dough.
- Bake the Halloween donuts in a donut mold at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool on a cooling rack.
- Heat milk on the stove.
- Dissolve chocolate into the milk by mixing together. Add more chocolate or milk until you get your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the donuts with chocolate icing, and let them harden slightly.
- Add monster eyes as garnish wherever you see fit.
Bonus: If you don’t feel like making donuts from scratch, buy ready-made donuts and add the eyes. Voila! Simple and cute.
Finished Monster Donuts
Save our adorable monster donut recipe!