How to Make Cherry Scones for Christmas Breakfast
- Makes: 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Bake Time: 15-18 minutes
Christmas Scone Ingredients
- 1 3⁄4 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup frozen tart cherries (drained canned tart cherries will also work)
- 1/3 cup chilled butter
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3-4 Tbsp pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate morsels
Holiday Scone Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix dry ingredients — flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt — in a medium size bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Add egg and stir.
- Cut tart cherries in half and/or thirds.
- Toss in a bowl with 1 Tbsp flour. Doing so will help keep cherries from sinking to the bottom while baking.
- Add cherries to mix and fully incorporate them into the dough.
- Add milk, if needed, 1 Tbsp at a time, and knead the dough in the bowl 10 times or until it is no longer sticky.
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet and shape it into an 8” circle.
- Use a knife dipped in flour to cut the dough into 8 pie-slice style wedges. Do NOT separate the dough.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, but check them at 15 minutes.
- When the scones are done, remove and place them on a cooling rack.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave. To thin the chocolate for drizzling, add 1 tsp of solid coconut oil or solid Crisco. Do not allow water to mix with white chocolate, or it will harden.
- Dice pistachios.
- Once the scones are cooled, drizzle chocolate over them and immediately sprinkle with pistachios.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in a covered container for 3-4 days, or freeze and thaw as needed.
Finished Cherry Pistachio Scones
Save our cherry scones recipe!