There is just something extra special about a Christmas wedding. It’s already a beautiful time of year to incorporate winter wedding decorations. However, you can make it extra festive by using adorable Christmas wedding ideas. From a holiday palette to fresh greens, get ready to be inspired by this lovely day!
Christmas Wedding Ideas for a Festive Day
Christmas-themed wedding ideas are some of our favorites! With red berries, evergreen branches, and Christmas wedding colors, they indeed can be so festive. If you’re searching for December wedding ideas, this event delivers!
Not only is it a gorgeous event, but Karleigh and Hunter had to deal with changes to their winter wedding ideas. However, this couple had a lovely day filled with family, friends, and love. It was smaller than they had envisioned, but their day was still a reflection of their relationship.
Planning an Intimate Christmas Wedding
What were the pros and cons of having a smaller wedding?
One pro of having a smaller wedding was that it felt more intimate. We were not rushed to make sure we were staying on schedule.
A con is that many of our friends missed out on our special day.
Did you learn anything by having to change your plans?
I learned that not everything in your life will go exactly how you planned it. You just need to sit back and enjoy the life that God has blessed you with.
What did you do about a honeymoon after your Christmas wedding?
For our honeymoon, we stayed in a little beach cottage by the sea at Anna Maria Island in Florida. It was very peaceful and beautiful weather!
Enjoy these lovely Christmas wedding ideas!
Christmas Wedding Vendors:
One side note about the vendors who implemented these Christmas wedding ideas. Many of them are based in Appomattox, Virginia. From the photographer to the cupcakes, the little town of Appomattox had a big hand in bringing these December wedding ideas to life.
- Virginia Wedding Photographer – Visions by Heather
- Second Shooter – Lindsay Carico of Capture Photography
- Getting Ready Venue – Longacre of Appomattox
- Ceremony – Liberty Baptist Church
- Reception Venue – Mottley Manor
- Hair for Bride & Bridesmaids – Geneses Spa & Salon
- Wedding Gown and Veil – Celebration Bridal and Tux
- Florals – Garriss Flower Shop
- Cupcakes – The Cupcake Lady, Carolyn Pugh
- Christmas Wedding Cake – Family
- Winter Wedding Decorations – Family
- Bridal Earrings – borrowed from her mother, who also wore them on her wedding day
- Bride’s Green Rabbit Fur – borrowed from her great aunt
- Bride’s Diamond and Sapphire ring – borrowed from her mother
- Items implemented in memory of others – The bride carried a double-sided frame in her bouquet with photos of her grandmother and uncle. The groom wore the wedding band of the bride’s uncle.
Adore these Christmas wedding colors? Then save it!
Inspired by these Christmas wedding ideas? Then pin it!