Summer is a time to beat the heat, especially when it comes to your special day. Wedding guests dress up, not to mention you may be wearing a wedding gown or tuxedo to make your internal temperature soar. These homemade lemon popsicles will keep friends and family cool for any of your wedding events.
Event Ideas for Homemade Lemon Popsicles
- Greet your loved ones with a popsicle before your wedding ceremony.
- Serve lemon peppermint popsicles in between the ceremony and wedding reception.
- Use these treats during your wedding toast.
- Skip the wedding cake and have popsicles instead.
- Save this recipe and make them with your besties during a bachelorette party weekend.
- Make lemon pops for events like the bridal shower, bridesmaids’ luncheon, or rehearsal dinner.
- Have them as a post-reception treat.
- Ask your caterer to make a small batch and treat your ring bearer and flower girl to popsicles as folks dance during the reception. Don’t forget to give them to all the kids on your big day!
Homemade Lemon Popsicles Recipe
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes (allow 3 hours freezing time)
Ingredients for Natural Lemon Peppermint Pops
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 lemons
- 1 cup chopped fresh peppermint leaves
- popsicle mold
- popsicle sticks
How to Make Easy Lemon Popsicles
- Pour water, sugar, and chopped peppermint leaves into a pot.
- Boil for 5 minutes to melt sugar, and set aside.
- Squeeze lemons until you get a cup of lemon juice.
- Add lemon juice to the sugar/water mixture.
- For more lemon flavor, zest the skin of one lemon, add it to the mixture, and let it sit overnight.
- Use a strainer or sieve to remove the lemon zest and peppermint leaves if you desire.
- Place wooden sticks into your popsicle mold.
- Put the filled mold into the freezer, and let them freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Remove popsicles, eat, and enjoy!
Finished Summer Wedding Popsicles
Save our summer popsicle recipe!