Spring is here, and that means flipping your decor. And if you love to DIY, I have the perfect project for you today. Make this adorable spring fake cake to add some “aww” to your warm-weather decor. These would also be so cute for a spring wedding. Here goes!
This post contains affiliate links, and purchases help our Virginia weddings blog grow. Thank you!
Supplies for a Spring Fake Cake
- Floral foam discs – 6 total
- Lightweight spackling in a light color
- Paint in your color of choice
- Disposable container for mixing
- Disposable tool for mixing or old spatula
- Plastic knife
- Floral picks and stems of your choosing
- Faux greens
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Steps for Making a Faux Spring Cake
- Stack your foam discs on top of each other.
- Hot glue the discs together on the surface of the discs.
- Place spackling into a disposable bowl using an old spatula or disposable tool.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of paint to the spackling.
- Fold in the paint to mix it, and add more if needed for color depth.
- Use the plastic knife to transfer the colored spackling onto the spring faux cake.
- Spread the colored spackling while leaving texture to make it look like real icing.
- Allow drying for 24-48 hours in a space that is warm and dry.
- In the meantime, create the bunny ears for the spring fake cake.
- Begin by gluing two 4″ pieces of leafy greenery stems to create a point.
- Repeat this step to make two ears.
- While the faux cake is drying, add the ears by puncturing them into the foam.
- To finish the cake — whether wet or dry — remove the stem of the floral and add it to the cake .
- Voila! Place your adorable fake cake on a cake stand or somewhere else in your home.
Finished Spring Decor DIY Project
Save our spring decoration DIY project!
I guarantee folks will salivate and be wowed by the fact that it’s a fake cake! It looks really convincing but is something you can use year after year.