Lots of folks have dietary restrictions nowadays, so play it safe if you’re planning a wedding shower. Even if you are hosting friends and family at home, this snack board is tasty and lovely for everyone to enjoy. Learn how to make a vegan charcuterie board for your next event.
FAQ About Vegan Charcuterie Boards
Does a charcuterie board have to have meat?
Of course, most folks think that charcuteries need to have meat, but that isn’t the case. A snack board can contain meat, cheese, fruits, veggies, nuts, jam, honey, jelly, herbs, and more. Take your pick about what you want to put on your board. Personalize your charcuterie tray with whatever you want to put on it.
What is a vegan charcuterie board?
Many people wonder what the difference is between vegan and vegetarian. Vegetarians don’t eat meat or anything that involves killing an animal. However, they will eat products that come from animals, such as dairy, eggs, and honey. Vegans don’t eat meat or anything that comes from an animal, therefore further restricting their diet. A vegan board won’t contain meat, dairy, eggs, honey, or anything else that comes from an animal.
How to make a charcuterie board for beginners?
Our vegan snack tray is the perfect place to start if you’ve never made a charcuterie before. Follow the instructions below, and you’ll learn how to make a simple charcuterie board in a snap!
How to Make a Vegan Charcuterie Board
Ingredients for a Vegan Charcuterie Plate
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into slices
- 4 celery stalks, cut into sticks
- ½ cup cashews
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup grapes, any color
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup corn tortilla chips
- ½ cup black olives
- 2 small loaves of vegan multigrain bread, sliced
Ingredients for Vegan Hummus
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- juice of ½ lemon or 2 tbsp lemon juice
Directions for Vegan Hummus
- Place all hummus ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend at high speed until it forms a smooth paste.
- Garnish with smoked paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
How to Assemble Your Vegan Charcuterie Board
- Spoon the fresh hummus into a ramekin, and place it on your board or plate.
- Arrange the other ingredients on the plate how you see fit. You really can’t go wrong with any arrangement! Feel free to place extra ingredients in ramekins to place on the side of your vegan board.
Peek at the Final Charcuterie Tray
Save our vegan snack board!