How to Use Pumpkin Napkin Rings
There are lots of ways to use these adorable fall decorations once you DIY them. Here are a few suggestions.
- Place them at each place setting to secure the napkin. Then let your wedding guests take them home. What an adorable fall wedding favor!
- Make them for your wedding shower. Not only will they look festive, but you can save them to use in your new home.
- Have a DIY night with your bridesmaids or family members, and make lots of them to use at your wedding reception.
- If you’re short on time but want your rehearsal dinner to pack a punch, make them for your pre-wedding event. You can save them, give them as gifts, or let each guest take theirs when they leave.
- Hosting a post-wedding day brunch? These fall decor items are the perfect addition!
- Make them for your very first Thanksgiving holiday or a Friendsgiving event.
How to Make DIY Pumpkin Napkin Rings
Fall DIY Project Supplies
- Mini foam pumpkin picks (1″ size)
- Wood rings (1 7/8″ in diameter, sometimes called macrame rings)
- Matte acrylic paint in your color of choice
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Ribbon in the pattern of your choice (ours is satin 1.5″)
- Square napkins that coordinate with your event
Fall Decor Instructions
- Detach the mini pumpkin from the stem.
- Use the paintbrush to paint all sides of the pumpkin, including the bottom.
- Let dry completely and add another coat if needed.
- Make a bow with the ribbon. A double bow will add fullness.
- Add a drop of hot glue to the bottom of the bow, and attach it to the wooden ring.
- Once the glue hardens, add a second drop to the middle of the bow and press the bottom of the painted mini pumpkin onto the bow.
- Fold the napkin how you wish and insert it inside of the napkin ring.
- Decorate your plates and tables as you wish. Enjoy!